Cybercore Integration Center
Enabling Partnerships to Secure Control Systems
Leveraged INL Resources
Cybercore Integration Center is housed in an 80,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility equipped with secure office space and laboratories and leverage relationships with leading industry cybersecurity companies, universities and thought leaders to create the nation’s preeminent resource for control system cybersecurity.
In addition, INL’s 890 square mile desert Site offers utility-scale research, development, testing and training opportunities utilizing unique assets:
- Isolatable 16-mile, 138 kV and below Electric Power Grid Test Bed with multiple substations.
- Commercial-grade Wireless Test Bed with NTIA experimental radio station status.
- Commercial and residential grade Water and Pipeline Security Test Bed.
- Cyber and control systems research and development laboratories.
- Operational transportation network including fleet vehicles, dispatching, roads and bridges.
- Large-scale, operational manufacturing facility.
For more information, go to:
By utilizing INL’s capabilities and partnerships to develop and deploy cyber-informed engineering methods and technologies, Cybercore integrates threat forecasts and consequence-based risk assessments that prioritize and protect the security and resilience of the nation’s most essential operations. Our efforts create physical and virtual environments that accelerate the pipeline of engineers, operators and responders of cyber-physical systems.
- Expertise in leading control system technologies, vendors and implementations.
- All-source technical analysis of cybersecurity threats to controls systems.
- Malware and forensics R&D of embedded systems analysis and reverse engineering.
- Hunt and Incident Response methodology for deploying intelligence-informed teams of cyber experts.
- Infrastructure Resilience and Interdependency Analysis for control systems, situational awareness and visualization R&D.
- Assessments for asset owners, vendor devices and infrastructure systems.
- Training and Exercises to support workforce development programs.
- Nuclear-Cyber support for international training, policy development and domestic R&D.
- Power and grid effects modeling, testing and validation.
- Classified and Unclassified Lab Spaces to accommodate project-specific work at multiple classification levels.
- Wireless R&D and Testing for spectrum sharing, 4G/LTE industry-scale testing.