Frequently Asked Questions

Who can I call to get the status of my job application?

Please send an email to You may be able to find answers to general questions on working at INL at

I am a new hire. Where can I go to get information?

Welcome to Idaho National Laboratory! Go here to get information on your new career:

Where can I find information on my pension/retirement?

Please call 208-526-0717 to reach the retiree pension helpline. You may also send an email to For more information, including a list of frequently asked questions, go to

Can you verify that x was once an employee at the laboratory?

Battelle Energy Alliance, the prime contractor for Idaho National Laboratory, uses uConfirm to help manage its employment and salary verifications.

To obtain proof of employment or salary information:

  • Go to and click on “Verifier Login”
  • Follow the prompted instructions
  • You will need the following information:
    • Employee’s Social Security number
    • The employer’s name is: “BEA”
    • Valid credit card (e.g., MasterCard, VISA, American Express or Discover)

If salary information is required, you will also need written authorization from the employee (you will be prompted during the request process to fax the authorization to uConfirm).

Where can I get information on international employees and visitors?

A growing number of employees and visitors come to the laboratory from other nations. For more information, go to

Where can I learn about working at INL and search for available jobs?

Want a career that can change the world? Find out why our employees love working at INL.

To search for available jobs, go to

Where can I learn more about internships?

INL offers a diverse number of paid internship positions to undergraduate and graduate-level students. To learn more or to apply, visit

Apply for an internship at

How do I submit a FOIA application?

The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) allows you to obtain information from various agencies of the federal government including the current Department of Energy Idaho Operations Office (DOE-ID) and its operating contractors, as well as predecessor organizations. To learn more, go to or contact the DOE-ID FOIA contact Amy Smith at

Where can I find information on an INL report or white paper that I found online?

The INL Research Library has extensive resources in nuclear physics, chemistry, heat transfer and fluid flow, materials science, energy, and computer science. Emphasis is being placed on digital collections and providing electronic access to INL and to the public, especially to technical reports that have captured the research efforts of INL since 1952. To learn more, go to

How can my small business become an INL supplier or contractor?

INL is always seeking qualified businesses as partners in achieving our missions. All businesses are required to be registered in the INL vendor portal. Small businesses must be registered in the System for Awards Management prior to registering in the INL vendor portal.

To learn more, go to

I am a subcontractor and lost my Vendor Portal login. How do I reset it?

If you are having issues logging in to your account on, select “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” to reset your credentials. If you need further assistance, you can email

Where can I get information on environmental assessments (soil samples, etc.)?

The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality evaluates the actual or potential environmental and public health impacts of U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) activities at Idaho National Laboratory. To learn more, visit

The Environmental Surveillance, Education and Research (ESER) Program is managed by Veolia Nuclear Solutions-Federal Services. They conduct, manage and coordinate ecological and environmental research, offsite environmental surveillance and environmental education for the Idaho National Laboratory Site.

Where can I find information about purchasing surplus government property?

Visit or for online sales, visit the DOE listings on the Bid4Assets website.

How can I sign up to take a tour of Idaho National Laboratory?

INL is the nation’s laboratory for nuclear energy research, development, demonstration and deployment. We are engaged in the mission of ensuring the nation’s energy security with safe, competitive and sustainable energy systems and unique national and homeland security capabilities.

To learn more about touring INL or visiting the Experimental Breeder Reactor-I Museum, visit

Not finding what you are looking for? Please send your question to