Team INL is a volunteer program in which a small group of dedicated individuals help with community service projects. The idea is to match volunteers from INL with community agencies that need help finishing projects.
The program’s mission is to provide volunteer in-kind services that will improve our communities.
Team INL is a staff-driven, decentralized volunteer program. Employees suggest project ideas, and the Team INL Advisory Committee reviews them. A staff member, known as the project director, coordinates each project and serves as a liaison between INL volunteers and the agency.
Team INL projects are selected from areas representing our corporate citizenship priorities – with a focus on health and human services, disadvantaged youth, environment and sustainability, veterans, civic activities, culture, and the arts. The activities may be ongoing, short-term or one-time projects. Each project may receive up to $500 annually.
Team INL projects will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Ensures critical needs are met through the associated funding request.
- Provides for basic needs in the community.
- Supports rural or underserved communities in Idaho.
- Positively impacts a number of community members.
- Provides for underrepresented or vulnerable community members.
- Aligns with INL’s values of excellence, inclusivity, ownership, safety, teamwork and integrity.
The evaluation guidelines allow decision-makers to clearly define the targeted impacts and ensure alignment with governing policies to enable employee engagement and safety in the community.
To suggest a community project or for more information, contact Misty Benjamin.