CONNECTING WORKFORCE AND INDUSTRY
WHAT IS THE SUPPLY CHAIN?
The Supply Chain Program is integral to INL’s entire business ecosystem and connects to planning, procurement, human resources and outreach. Supply Chain develops and implements a lab-wide strategy that is key for projecting future needs and implementing effective solutions, and evaluates not only supplier needs but also future workforce needs to achieve mission success. INL cannot do this without partnerships in education, customers, colleagues and suppliers.
With energy demand rising and the desire to reduce carbon emissions becoming more prominent, government and industry are increasingly interested in developing an emissions-free, power generation source that is safe, resilient and dependable. The world is looking to expand clean energy capabilities and develop the next generation of nuclear reactors. Not only is building next-generation energy systems Idaho National Laboratory’s opportunity, it is also Idaho’s opportunity.
With this in mind, INL launched Supply Chain Initiative to leverage INL’s energy projects to build an energy talent pipeline and develop a robust business ecosystem to support current and future projects.
A qualified workforce is the biggest barrier to expanding existing industries and attracting new ones. INL is a leader in security and energy and anticipates significant growth in these areas.
It is critical to understand the future workforce needs so collaborators and partners can assist in building the talent needed to accomplish mission success.
Business and Siting Needs
- • Siting Your Project at INL
- • Learn more about INL and its capabilities and resources before starting the process of siting your project at the lab.
- • Choose Idaho – Socioeconomic and workforce information
- • A presentation including facts, statistics, and graphs showing INL economic impact and workforce projections.
- • A Guide for your Energy Business in Idaho
- • Idaho’s Expanding Energy Economy Report, published by Idaho Commerce, has information on cost, workforce, and partnerships for businesses wanting to grow or expand their presence in the energy sector.
- • Idaho – The Best State for your Energy Business
- • Learn more about how the energy sector benefits from doing business in Idaho.
- • 2021 Idaho Knowledge Report
- • The IDAHO Knowledge Report showcases data to identify specific industry sectors primed for growth and development opportunities.
- • Supply Chain Professionals
- • This directory includes the biographies and contact information of INL Supply Chain professionals willing to share their time and expertise.
- • Careers in Supply Chain at Idaho National Laboratory
- • Hear from supply chain professionals about career opportunities at Idaho National Laboratory.
INL’s Supply Chain Program will be efficient, cost-effective, and innovative, and will produce the highest quality products, and influence availability of talent. When measured, the program will have notable positive influence and impact.