NRAC programs provide access to special nuclear materials, unique infrastructure, capabilities and nuclear expertise.
Nuclear & Radiological Activity Center
As more countries embrace nuclear power as a cost-effective and clean alternative to fossil fuels, the need exists to ensure that the nuclear fuel cycle is safe and proliferation-resistant. INL works with our program sponsors to develop technologies and systems to prevent the illicit production, acquisition, transport and use of harmful nuclear materials and technology.
Nuclear & Radiological Activity Center (NRAC) is where nuclear research, technology evaluation and training capabilities come together to provide access and support to nuclear nonproliferation programs.
INL’s radiological facilities and an expansive site provide an unprecedented environment for research, demonstration and realistic training exercises aligned with today’s national security challenges. NRAC programs offer unprecedented adaptability with access to special nuclear materials, unique infrastructure, capabilities and nuclear expertise.
• Access to various forms of nuclear materials
• Analytical laboratories
• Authorized environmental and safety permits
• Expertise to support aerial measurements and ground sampling
• Forensic and dispersion training facilities
• Specifically suited for testing nuclear technology
• Supports large scale nuclear technology demonstration
• Assists in the deployment of nuclear technologies
• Expansive site with unique spaces and facilities
• Dedicated national security ranges and facilities
• Ability to support training at other sites
Research Support and Technology Testing:
Dr. David Chichester
Technology Demonstration, Exercises and Training:
International Safeguards and Security