FOR YOUR LIFE
- Relocation packages including help selling your home.
- Competitive health-care options.
- 3+ weeks of personal leave your first year, and flextime to promote work-life balance.
- 10 paid holidays and annual work curtailment from Christmas through New Year’s.
- 9×80 or 4×10 work schedules for more Fridays off.
- Generous 401(k) including 4.2% upfront INL contribution and additional matching.
- Resources available to assist in spouse or partner employment
FOR YOUR CAREER
- Professional development plans to support your career growth.
- INL is the home of EBR-I, the first nuclear plant to generate usable electricity.
- 52 nuclear test reactors were designed and constructed at INL.
- The Advanced Test Reactor is the only U.S. reactor that can provide large-volume, high-flux neutron irradiation.
- Ongoing research areas include the Light Water Reactor Sustainability Program, the development of advanced fuels and next-generation reactors, and radioisotope power systems for the space program.
Nature lover? There are several national parks and natural attractions within 170 miles of Idaho Falls
Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Craters of the Moon, Herriman State Park, City of Rocks, and more!
Adventure seeker? Enjoy endless outdoor activities
World-class fly-fishing, hiking, skiing, hot springs and more!
MEET YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Modeling & Simulation Computer Scientist
Nuclear Reactor Operator
After obtaining her bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Wyoming, Peterson joined INL in February 2019. She helps with the operation of experiments at ATR, a world leading test reactor that studies nuclear materials, fuels and operations.
“Truly anything is possible if you have the will and the grit to do what you want to do. It’s very hard, but you can do anything."
Health Physics Technician
According to her, there’s a unique camaraderie among her co-workers that can’t be found anywhere else. Every person looks out for one another because at the end of the day, “We all want to go home to our families the way we came in.”
Nuclear Facility Operator/Nuclear Technician
Kajganich’s affinity for his job begins with the new challenges it presents. Every time he touches a robotic manipulator, crane, cask or any piece of equipment, it’s like a new experience. No two jobs are alike. All technicians are trained to have respect for everything they handle both inside and outside of the hot cells.