Idaho National Laboratory’s K-12 Education Program is proud to hold our fourth annual art contest in recognition of Earth Day. Celebrated on April 22 each year, Earth Day is a global initiative designed to drive change for the planet and to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide.
This year’s theme is “Invest in Our Planet.” Eastern Idaho and K-12 grade level classrooms are encouraged to send in a picture of their “sidewalk art” inspired by the theme. Classroom teachers can submit their class’s entry at this link by April 28. All entries will be displayed on our virtual gallery. Artwork will be evaluated by a panel of judges and prizes will be awarded to winning classrooms. Judging will take place during Earth Week with the winners across five grade levels announced in May.
- This art contest is not individual or partner based. It is for K-12 grade level classrooms. Any K-12 grade level classroom may participate as a group. Classroom teachers are encouraged to lead the art contest with their students and submit their class’s entry.
- Only eastern Idaho classrooms may participate.
- The art submission must be inspired by the “Invest in Our Planet” theme.
- The art submission may be created on a sidewalk. If a sidewalk is not available, your class may create an Earth Day-inspired artwork display whether it be art on paper, chalkboard, sidewalk, cement wall, blacktop, etc. There are no specifics to which medium may be used.
- Please limit one entry per classroom.
- Submissions must be high quality and JPG format.
- Prizes will be awarded to the entire classroom and will be STEM related.
- The categories will be broadly divided by grade level category: grades K-1, 2-4, 5-6, 7-8, and 9-12.
Be creative and have fun!