INL News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2017
NEWS MEDIA CONTACTS:
Jennifer Eisenbeis, 208.524.2500, email@example.com
Sarah Neumann, 208.520.1651, firstname.lastname@example.org
INL recognizes exceptional employees with Laboratory Director Awards
IDAHO FALLS – Tonight, Idaho National Laboratory celebrates remarkable achievements for 2016 at its annual awards ceremony. The Laboratory Director Awards reception will honor a wide range of talent among the diverse roles and responsibilities that make INL’s research possible.
The event will highlight achievements from 2016, including 30 newly issued patents and two copyright assertions. Lab employees will be recognized for their outstanding accomplishments in research development and for supporting INL’s mission.
“Idaho National Laboratory celebrates the dedication and diligence of those who will be honored at tonight’s Laboratory Director Awards reception,” said INL director Mark Peters. “Their achievements, and those of their colleagues at the laboratory, are the reasons our fellow citizens look to INL to resolve the nation’s big energy and security challenges. Congratulations to this year’s winners. I appreciate their passion and effort.”
The 2016 award recipients are:
• Community Award: David Snell
• Leadership Award: Yongfeng Zhang
• Mission Advancement Award: Richard Barney Carlson
• Mission Enabling Individual Award: Todd Taylor
• Mission Enabling Team Award: TREAT Safety Basis Team: James R. Parry, Anthony W. LaPorta, Charles P. Forshee, Doug Gerstner, Leslie A. Roberts
• Early Career Exceptional Achievement Award: Vivek Agarwal
• Exceptional Engineering Achievement Award: Shelly X. Li
• Exceptional Scientific Achievement Award: Robert V. Fox
• Lifetime Achievement in Science and Technology Award: Cliff B. Davis
• Outstanding Impact Award: Michael W. Snyder
• Research Technician of the Year Award: Cathy Rae
• Support Technician of the Year Award: Shaun Clements
• Inventor of the Year Award: Michael McKellar
• INL Vision Award: Radiological Security Source Disposition Team: Kathryn A. McBride, David L. Parks, John C. Zarling
• INL Vision Award: High-Value, High-Precision, High-Profile and High-Risk Machining Work Scope Team: Rex C. Buttars, William C. Fuger, Cory V. Jones, Ricky D. Popejoy, Mark D. Steffler
• INL Vision Award: Small Modular Reactor Deployment Team: Shannon M. Bragg-Sitton, George W. Griffith, James C, Kinsey, Corey K. McDaniel, Michael W Patterson
INL is one of the U.S. Department of Energy’s national laboratories. The laboratory performs work in each of DOE’s strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science and environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research and development. Day-to-day management and operation of the laboratory is the responsibility of Battelle Energy Alliance.
See more INL news at www.inl.gov. Follow @INL on Twitter or visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/IdahoNationalLaboratory.